The hacker group known as ‘Anonymous’ has released a new guide for those living in countries where the populace may be engaged in civil unrest, rioting or revolution.
Covering topics that include noticing the first signs that your country is about to descend into chaos, making preparations, storing food and water, general post-collapse strategies and best practices when entering hot zones, the free guide, available below, may provide some insights and ideas you have yet to consider.
Because the mainstream media, and certainly our government officials, will refuse to tell us anything when things have turned completely south, here are some warning signs that may indicate the shit is about to hit the fan.
Noticing the First Signs (Excerpt):
Revolutions don’t just happen instantly over night, they develop over long periods of struggle. So keep your eyes and ears open for signs of a coming uprising, such as:
- Civil unrest prior to riots in the major cities.
- Politicians and media blatantly lying about the most obvious developments.
- Censorship of social networks such as Twitter or Facebook. This may not be entirely obvious at first but when the sites are blocked completely the warnings are clear (with excuses like child pornography).
- Censorship of old media such as newspapers and television (non-regime critical press).
- Arrests of political opposition leaders (In Tunisia the leaders of the Pirate Party were rounded up and imprisoned without charge. The prison was subsequently burnt down with many people dying inside).
- In times of crisis many rumours will spread around and fear mongering is rampant. Be calm, think before you act rashly.
- The #Hashtag of your country, or name of your political leader is trending worldwide on Twitter.
- Friends and family members living abroad may try to contact you to check if you are alright.
Full Anonymous Survival Guide For Citizens in Revolution (v1.0)